Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Challenge of the Arcanist!

Howdy folks and welcome to another exciting installment of To Be An Arcanist!  Last week things were a little slim because of the fantastic time I had at GenCon,  and this week things start to ramp back up.  No games to talk about,  but I do get to show off some pretty pictures of members of the M&SU and some of my environment while I paint!

Hobby
This week's hobby time was a little limited,  but certainly fruitful.  Based on the suggestions of the guys over at the Breach Boys podcast I've started using brush soap.  This has changed my painting routine dramatically!  I know it sounds dumb,  but having a little ritual at the end of a session where I clean my brushes and set them back has done wonders for my organization.

As far as painting goes,  I spent the majority of my time painting members of the M&SU.  Namely miners, Johana, and a gunsmith.  All of these minis were a joy to paint.  I come from a hobby background that includes painting ranks upon ranks of very similar models,  so to be in an environment where I have to paint 3 to 4 of a type of model (excluding spiders,  looking at you Ramos!) is a breath of fresh air.

Misc!
Due to a lack of an actual game to report on,  I'll show off some of the great things I get to deal with while I paint!  First off on the list is my paint rack.  2 8 foot 1 by 3's and some molding and I've got this wonderful shelf that manages to keep me organized by keeping things on the wall instead of the floor.
Next up we have one of my cats,  Luna (no relation to McCabe's totem).  This is the Internet,  so I'm hoping the including a picture of my painting buddy will earn me some brownie points.

Luna doing her Dr. Horrible impression
That's it for this week.  Stay tuned for next week and hopefully I'll actually have a game or two with Ironsides under my belt.  Thanks for checking in folks,  and remember I need you to keep me on top of getting my stuff painted!

1 comment: